Trying to perfect the stamping process? Start by checking out our tips for picking the perfect nail stamping polish.
You’ve seen the trendy designs in magazines, on friends’ nails, and on those plastic imitation fingernails at your favourite salon, but you’ve never attempted stamping nail art on your own before. One of the biggest tips out there for successfully mastering the art of stamping is to invest in top quality nail stamping polish. Thankfully, there are so many out there to choose from ranging in both quality and price. You just need to do a little bit of homework to find out what ones work better than others.
Specialty Stamping Polishes
For the all you newcomers in the stamping world, polish specifically designed for stamping is a must. If you want to save yourself from countless ruined manicures and tension-induced headaches, stick with proper nail stamping polish. If you’re feeling adventurous and daring, try using some of the polish you’ve already started collecting. It’s a brave move, but maybe you’ll get lucky and it’ll work out for you.
Everyday ‘Over-the-Counter’ Polishes
If you’ve been stamping for a while now, you may be able to switch things up a little bit and try polish not specifically designed for stamping. It’s hard to narrow down exactly which polishes will do the stamping trick, so it’s best to use trial and error when using non-stamping polish. The general rule of thumb, though, is if the polish is thick and can be applied with almost full-coverage in one coat, it’ll probably work well as a nail stamping polish.
Tips and Tricks to Invest in
Nail stamping plates and polish can be an exciting way to discover fun nail art. The design options are truly endless. You can use stampers to add texture, add small images, create full nail designs, French tip designs, and so much more. And we haven’t even covered all the different polish colours available out there.
To keep your flawless designs effortless, try some of these basic stamping tricks:
- Invest in quality stamping plates. The designs should be deeply etched into the plate with near-perfect detail.
- Find a stamper that works for you. For first-timers, check out Clear Jelly Big Bling Stampers. They are literally the easiest stamper to use on the planet.
- Always try to use stamping-specific polish. It will make stamping a lot easier and a lot more fun.
- Avoid using a scraper with a blade on it. It’ll seriously mess up the face of your quality stamping plates.
- Do a little measuring. Fingernails come in different sizes so make sure you measure your fingernail before ordering full-design stamping plates.
- Start small. Ultimately, you only have 10 fingernails to paint so there’s no need to run out and buy 20 plates and polishes. Build your skill then your inventory.
- Nail polish tools like brushes and dotters can turn a rugged design into a work of art. Keep these items easily accessible at all times.
- Take a break if you get frustrated. Stamping takes patience, but don’t worry, the resulting killer nail art is well worth the price.
For even more nail stamping tips, click on over to our previous post: 9 Tips to Help You Master Stamping with Clear Stampers.
For quality stamping plates and perfect-for-the-job nail stamping polish, check out Clear Jelly Stampers. We’d love to get you set up with all the industry-leading tools you’ll need to master the art of stamping.