Get a fresh start on this year’s trendy spring nail designs.
As the rain washes away the snow and sand, it’s time to start thinking about spring cleaning. Most people instantly think about cleaning out their homes or cars, but why stop there. This spring, tidy up your nail kit to help you get a fresh start on this year’s trendiest spring nail designs. Not only will this improve your nail care, it’ll also make room for fun new stamping plates and accessories.
Put Your Best Nail Forward
There’s no better time to take a few minutes to obsess over the health of your nails. To help you keep your fingernails looking fresh and clean, try incorporating some of these steps into your daily nail care routine:
- Thoroughly dry your hands after washing them or doing dishes to prevent bacteria from growing under your fingernails.
- Trim your nails regularly, about every two weeks or more if needed.
- Avoid cutting the cuticles around your nails. They prevent bacteria from entering the nail bed. Gently push them back instead.
- Disinfect your tools on the regular.
- Moisturize often! This will keep your cuticles and nails ready for when your next nail art inspiration strikes.
Revamp Your Nail Kit
The second step in achieving fresh new nails this spring is by updating and replacing some of those old nail design tools. This is also a good time to go through your nail polish and toss away any that are dried out or nearly empty. Some items that may need replacing due to wear and tear include:
- The stamper head – Stamping heads will only be effective if they’re in good shape. If you’ve created a ton of stamping nail art lately, inspect the head. If you come across big scratches or tears or if you’ve noticed it struggling to pick up designs off the plate, it’s probably time to replace.
- Nailbrushes – Good maintenance will go a long way in extending the life span of your beloved brushes. However, if you’ve noticed your nail design brushes have started to fray and separate, it’s time to consider replacing them with new ones.
- Stamping plates – It’s unlikely that your stamping plates will need replacing, but they can always use some updating as fun new designs enter the marketplace. Look for nail plate deals when updating your plates to save a little cash. We highly recommend this one: 4 Plates for $20.
Enjoy Fresh, New Spring Nail Designs
Now that your kit is cleaned up, stocked up, and freshened up, it’s time to try your hand at some stunning new spring nail art. For a little inspiration and a peek into some of the hottest spring trends, check out our previous post: Welcome Warmer Weather with Stunning Spring Nail Designs.
If you’re looking for new ways to create easy nail art designs, check out Clear Jelly Stamper. We offer industry-leading nail art stampers, a wide variety of trendsetting stamping plates, stamping polishes in nearly every colour, and an exciting line up of nail art tools and accessories.