Before placing your order online for nail stamping plates, check out this handy know-it-all guide.
The nail art marketplace is flooded with stamping plates. From full-nail tribal designs to cute little images of sea creatures, snowflakes, and flowers, it’s tough to narrow down your options. If you’ve been eyeing up sets of nail stamping plates online, but haven’t checked out your overflowing cart yet, read this first. This guide will give you a little insight into the fun and creative world of stamping plates.
Do a Little Research
Picking out stamping plates is as individualized as picking out clothing. Stamping plates that work for you may not work for your nail-art-fanatic friend. To make sure you’re picking plates that are tailored to your preferences, do a little digging into a company’s product line. Look for things like:
- The company’s social media pages. Look for reviews, tags, or tweets directly related to nail stamping plates. Have customers sent in pictures of manicures using their products? Are the fingertip images and designs crisp and clear?
- Make sure their customer commenting isn’t turned off. If it is, this should send up a big red flag. Complaints are part of the game and should be handled in a transparent manner. If customers aren’t allowed to comment, something fishy may be going on. Use your intuition on this one.
- Check out a beloved blogger’s review. There are a million and one stamping nail art bloggers online. Find one you trust and see what they recommend for stamping plates.
- Look for samples of the images created by the plates online and examine them thoroughly. Most manufacturer websites will show a stamped image of the plates. Defects that are noticeable by the naked eye are a no-no.
Wait, There’s More…
Once you’ve done your homework, it’s hard not diving back into your cart and purchasing all those plates you’ve been eyeballing. Pause and take a breath. There are a few more things to think about before clicking that attractive check out button.
- Decide if you want full-nail designs or simple single images. Some plates even offer both.
- Avoid the temptation to purchase a plate that has only one image on it you like. Ideally, you want to get more than one manicure out of a plate to really get your money’s worth.
- Be honest with yourself about your skill level. There are some absolutely amazing floral nail art plates out there, but some are pretty technical. The same goes for almost every design. If you love the way it looks, but don’t think you could pull it off on your own, skip that plate until you’ve reached nail stamping goddess status.
One More Thing Worth Measuring
This may seem like common sense, but it’s an easy step to skip: measure your fingernails. Just like body shapes and sizes, fingernails come in different shapes and sizes too. So do nail stamping plates.
Make sure your fingernails and the size of the designs and images on the plates are a good match. You won’t want a bad romance when it comes to your stamping plates.
OK, Now you’re ready
Based on the research you just performed, you should be informed well enough to go ahead and pick a brand and some plates. Pull out your credit card and go crazy, girl. You’ve earned it.
Now that you’re well on your way to building up your beauty-supply arsenal, take a look at some other items you should really consider adding in our previous post: 10 Must-Have Professional Nail Art Kit Accessories.
Looking for nail stamping plates that put you in control of your fabulous nail art destiny? Check out Clear Jelly Stampers. Whether you’re looking for stamping nail art inspiration, tips, or plates and accessories, we can help you with all your nail art needs.